Sunday, March 1, 2020

I Thought of Something New

Hi, blog!

So I've thought of yet ANOTHER idea.

I mentioned in one of my previous blog posts that I want to explore someone's mental state in my short film. I believe doing this will give me a lot of things to do with my piece and will give me a lot of ideas. I really enjoy pieces that have something to do with this idea. Some of these pieces include:

Shutter Island (2010): "The implausible escape of a brilliant murderess brings U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his new partner (Mark Ruffalo) to Ashecliffe Hospital, a fortress-like insane asylum located on a remote, windswept island. The woman appears to have vanished from a locked room, and there are hints of terrible deeds committed within the hospital walls. As the investigation deepens, Teddy realizes he will have to confront his own dark fears if he hopes to make it off the island alive."

Suspiria (1977): "Suzy (Jessica Harper) travels to Germany to attend ballet school. When she arrives, late on a stormy night, no one lets her in, and she sees Pat (Eva Axén), another student, fleeing from the school. When Pat reaches her apartment, she is murdered. The next day, Suzy is admitted to her new school but has a difficult time settling in. She hears noises and often feels ill. As more people die, Suzy uncovers the terrifying secret history of the place."

Black Swan (2010): "Nina (Natalie Portman) is a ballerina whose passion for the dance rules every facet of her life. When the company's artistic director decides to replace his prima ballerina for their opening production of "Swan Lake," Nina is his first choice. She has competition in newcomer Lily (Mila Kunis) however. While Nina is perfect for the role of the White Swan, Lily personifies the Black Swan. As the rivalry between the two dancers transforms into a twisted friendship, Nina's dark side begins to emerge."

Each of these pieces includes someone's descent into madness or the exploration of their mental state ad how their surroundings affect them. I really like how these pieces portray that idea and I really want to do something similar.

Well, that's all for now!

- Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment