Saturday, February 29, 2020

Twilight Zone

Hi, blog!

So after work today I came home and watched the Twilight Zone with my mom. We do this frequently but today was different as I was doing it with the intention of getting ideas for my short film. Of the ones I watched today, none really jumped out at me. I'm gonna make a list of some of my favorite episodes to give an idea of the ideas I like.

Stopover in Quiet Town: "The morning after a wild party, a couple wakes up in a totally unfamiliar and artificial place." In the end, you find out the couple are dolls in a little girl's dollhouse.

The After Hours: A woman in a department store becomes paranoid when she realizes the floor she was just on doesn't exist. In the end, you find out that she was a mannequin the whole time.

An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge: "A Southern civilian escapes his execution at the hands of Union soldiers when the hanging rope breaks." In the end, you find out his escape was all in his head and he is hung at the last second of the episode.

Eye of the Beholder: "A woman's natural beauty makes her a freak in a futuristic society." In the end, when the woman's bandages are removed from her face, you find out she really is naturally beautiful, but everyone around her is hideous, which is the norm apparently. She is considered a freak due to the fact that she does not look like everyone else.

I like these episodes the most mainly because of their twist endings. I love twist endings so I definitely want to incorporate one or something like it in my short film. I just have to come up with an idea. I really want to do some sort of pastiche of the Twilight Zone. Hopefully, in my next blog I come up with something new.

That's all for now!

- Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment