Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Casting

Hi blog!


As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I am doing my short film on the idea of an obsessive fangirl that
wants to be just like the person she is admiring,


As of now, I must get an idea and come up with who I want as my cast.


I have juggled with the idea of whether I want my main character to be a boy or a girl. After thinking about
it more, I think it might be easier for me to use a girl as the obsessive character as I can do more with
that I think. I also feel like girls tend to be more fanatic-like when it comes to their favorite celebrities. 


With that being said, here is an idea of what my cast will look like:


Main character- girl in her late teens-early 20s who is obsessed with female celebrity


Main character’s mother- becomes concerned about her daughter’s behavior/or is completely oblivious
to this behavior and thinks nothing of it


Main character’s friend/or boyfriend- notices their behavior is excessive and attempts to try to stop
their behavior/encourage the main character to stop their behavior as they are getting out of hand


Celebrity that main character is obsessed with- singer/actor that main character is obsessed with (still
deciding if I want them to have a legitimate role in the film)


So, I’m still struggling with what I want to happen at the end of the film. One of my ideas is that the girl, in
the end, ends up trying to look just like the celebrity. My other idea is that the girl ends up kidnapping the
celebrity or something and it ends on a thrilling kind of note. I’m still kind of deciding.




Well, that’s all for now!


- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment