Thursday, March 26, 2020

Maybe some small changes??

Hi, blog!

As I mentioned in my last post, things are pretty hectic right now. I'm sure COVID-19 has thrown us all off, especially us in AICE Media 😅. This was literally the worst time for this virus to happen, not that any time would have been good. But of course, this is happening when I need to get a five-minute short film done and turned in. Ughhhh why must this be happening?

I've been very stressed thinking about this project and other things so I've thought a lot about this and will probably have to go through with it as I'm very limited on time.

So, originally my short film was going to be about an obsessive fan who wants to be just like the celebrity they're obsessing over, driving them closer and closer to madness. Considering I needed multiple actors for this idea to be carried out the way I wanted, I've tried to think of a new idea that falls along the same line but does not require so many actors, perhaps a one-man show type of thing.

Ugh, I'm kind of dying right now because I'm kind of wishing I chose documentary instead of a short film. If I knew this was going to happen, I definitely would have done that and done an excerpt on bodybuilding. The only subjects I can really work with right now are my mom, dad, and brother. My brother is pretty much a bodybuilder, but he doesn't compete or do anything like that. He used to be a real skinny kid with almost no body fat to 270 pounds and full of muscle. I think this might've been an interesting documentary topic and probably would have been easier considering how limited I am on actors and everything.

But it's too late for that so I've been trying to think of some changes I can make to my short film to make it easier for me to film and complete.

I thought about possibly having my brother as the main actor and he's an obsessive fan of a bodybuilder and wants to be just like him so he pushes himself to look just like the bodybuilder, and possibly pushed to a breaking point. This is an idea that I've thought about for a little bit but I'm not entirely sure yet if that's what I want to do. But I know I have to think fast. This whole thing really sucks.

Well, that's all for now!

- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment