Saturday, March 21, 2020

Branding

Hi, blog!

In this post, I am going to talk about branding my short film. As I continue to work on my website and postcard I am focusing on color psychology and key art.

Since my short film is about an obsessive fan, my genre falls in the psychological thriller category. This is one of my favorite genres as I love thrillers that explore the mind or even have the audience question their own minds. With that being said, I am focusing on using darker colors for my marketing content (postcard, website social media, etc.). I will be using lots of blacks, greys, whites, and reds. Red is a color that I associate with the thriller genre a lot and it's a color that I think really captures an audience's attention.

The website builder Wix makes choosing a color scheme super easy as they have a sidebar that allows you to choose from various different color schemes when building your site. This is really helpful and I love how easy Wix is to use. I highly recommend it.






I would use the same red, black, grey, white color scheme when it comes to the postcard. Using these colors lets the audience know that this film will be on the darker side. I've also come up with an idea for the key art. I like the idea of having the obsessed fan back to back with the person she's obsessed with as that kind of gives off the idea that she wants to be just like her, or that she (or he) is leading a double life. I would have the picture in a darker color scheme as well. This is the picture I would put on the postcard and the website.

I will provide more updates on this process later!

Well, that's all for now!

- Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment