Friday, February 21, 2020

Finding a Genre

Ugh!

Even though this project is due in less than two months, I feel so stressed!

I've been watching a lot of sample projects from past A-Level students and have found that a lot of them embody the drama genre or the horror genre. These are the two genres I've sort of been juggling between. I like horror because I can do a lot of stuff with it, plus I'm a huge horror movie buff. I've always wanted to do a horror short film, but I'm just not sure if I really want to for this specific project.
Therefore, I've been leaning more towards the drama genre, also because most of the ideas I've thought of (mentioned in the previous blog post) fall under that category. I want my short film to kind of send a message or mean something if that makes sense. I love short films or films in general with subliminal messages that make the viewer feel something.

The thing that's stressing me out though is picking what I want the short film to actually be about. As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been juggling a few ideas.

Even though I'm still struggling to figure out an idea, I know I have to figure it out soon. I really don't have that much time, and I don't want to procrastinate this project. That is why I need to come up with a plan and a schedule. I want to get everything done so I'm not doing everything at the last minute. My time management skills really aren't the greatest, so I really want to work on them for this project. It's a new year and a new me! I definitely don't want to make the same mistakes I made with last year's portfolio project.


Well, that's all for now!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment