Thursday, February 27, 2020

More Ideas

Hi, blog!

Ok, so I have a few new ideas for my short film that I'm kind of leaning towards now.

I thought of these ideas in the middle of our Socratic seminar in class (which I thought was great and hope we do it again).

So I absolutely love The Twilight Zone (1959-1964). `The Twilight Zone' was the brainchild of Emmy Award-winner Rod Serling, who served as host and wrote more than 80 episodes of the original show's 150-plus episode run. It's a strange mix of horror, science-fiction, drama, comedy, and superstition. Serling introduced each episode, and many of the black and white episodes concluded with a surprise ending. Actors such as Burt Reynolds, Roddy McDowell, and Robert Redford made appearances in some of the more well-known stories. 

I thought of another idea when I remembered the movie A Beautiful Mind (2001). A Beautiful Mind is a human drama inspired by events in the life of John Forbes Nash Jr., and in part based on the biography "A Beautiful Mind" by Sylvia Nasar. Early in the film, Nash begins to develop paranoid schizophrenia and endures delusional episodes while watching the burden his condition brings on wife Alicia and friends.

I like how this movie explores Nash's mental state and would like to do something similar in my piece. I think this would be interesting and could give me a lot of things to do with my piece.

That's all for now!

- Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment